Treatment in Marianske Lazne
Marianske Lazne is a city in the west of the Czech Republic, the country's second most popular resort after Karlovy Vary. Numerous cold acidic springs of mineral waters brought fame to Marianske Lazne, which healing properties help to effectively treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system, gastrointestinal tract, kidneys and urinary tract, metabolic disorders and a number of other groups of diseases, which we will discuss in detail in the article.
How is treatment carried out in Marianske Lazne
The classic spa treatment in Marianske Lazne begins with a medical examination by a doctor of the spa hotel, general urine and blood tests, anamnesis and treatment. In the future, a final inspection is carried out, if necessary, control examinations are also carried out. Doctors of Marianske Lazne spa hotels do not recommend bringing a lot of handwritten documents, a short medical statement with a diagnosis and appointments from the attending physician in print will suffice. It is also strongly recommended that you bring all the medicines you take with you. Patients with cardiovascular disorders are advised to bring the results of the latest electrocardiography: it can be repeated at the resort, but it will be useful for the doctor to see the dynamics of changes.
As for the recommended terms of treatment, a course of 14 days is considered optimal, which is repeated twice a year with an interval of 6 months. One week for a full course of spa treatment is not enough, since the so-called spa reaction sometimes occurs on day 3-4, the body rebuilds, gets used to taking mineral water, which may be accompanied by a deterioration in appetite, a feeling of tiredness and general malaise. On average, the spa program involves 18-24 procedures per week, i.e. 36-48 procedures for the entire course. Please note that the doctor of the spa hotel, if there are contraindications, can prevent the patient from undergoing certain procedures or reduce the burden on the body by reducing their total number.
The resort provides treatment for children from 6 years age (not in all spa hotels, specify individually). There are two main groups of diseases in which the treatment of children in Marianske Lazne is indicated: respiratory diseases and diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract. The treatment is predominantly prophylactic, inhalations, drinking treatment, massages, gymnastics and other procedures that the doctor considers permissible based on the age and health of the child can be prescribed.
Top spa hotels in Marianske Lazne for quality of treatmentShow all spa hotels in the city Marianske Lazne
Healing factors of the Marianske Lazne resort
More than 100 mineral springs were found in the vicinity of the resort, 40 springs directly in Marianske Lazne. In drinking treatment and balneotherapy procedures, as a rule, water is used from 6 main medical springs: Forest, Cross, Rudolph, Caroline, Ferdinand and Ambrose. Most of the other springs come with table mineral water. All springs are cold, their temperature ranges from 7-10 °C, the composition includes a lot of carbon dioxide and trace elements. To conduct mineral baths, the water is heated to 34 °C, due to the property of carbon dioxide to evaporate at a temperature of 36 °C. Carbon dioxide is absorbed into the skin, lowers blood pressure, improves heart function, normalizes blood circulation, helps with stress and has a relaxing effect. Let's talk about the main springs in more detail.
Feedback from our customers about spa hotels in Marianske Lazne
Special thanks for Chef Tomas and Luba, Ludmila receptionist. Chef Tomas gave us chicken sausages especially only for us. Staff very kindly and polite.
Need more halal muslims foods without pork.Spa-Hotel Anglicky Dvur (Reviews: 1)
Very good dedication of the staff. The hotel services are good.
1. For English speaker the treatments are not very clear. 2.The elevators are not in the same level of the floors so for people with disability it is difficult to move or impossible. 3. Treatments are not enough specific and fitting the medical problems. The physician interview is not thorough enough.Spa Hotel Flora (Reviews: 1)
People on the reception, in medical area and in restaurant are very good. The set of medical procedures is very big. During 2 weeks we do not have any repetition in the menu in the restaurant
There is no any tee / coffee at lunch / dinner time. In hotel 'Imperial' the clothing can be left in the room, where treating happens. However, the medical area of Imperial was closed for renovation (in general is very good) and we have to go to another area and there we have to leave it in the waiting room. It is a little bit inconvenient and cool, especially after 'moor'-Anwendungen.Spa Hotel Hvezda (Reviews: 1)
I spent 2 weeks at the spa hotel Belvedere. I want to note the excellent location of the spa hotel. From my balcony there was a beautiful view of the Colonnade and the musical fountain. I needed no more than 3 minutes to get to the spring with mineral water. The staff of the spa hotel was helpful. The treatment base allowed me to improve my health. Moreover, all the procedures were performed exactly on schedule. Staff of the Sanatoriums.com provided us with a free tour to Prague. My plane was delayed for 5 hours. And despite this, the driver was waiting for me.
The hotel does not have a lobby which would be a good refuge in bad weather or a convenient place for communication with vacationers. The entrance to the hotel is led by steep steps, which is a great inconvenience for carrying suitcases. The pool at the hotel is open from 8 to 6 in the evening. So there was no time to visit itSpa-Hotel Belvedere Spa and Wellness (Reviews: 1)
Water from the Forest spring contains a lot of carbon dioxide and bicarbonates; the Forest spring pavilion is open daily from 06:30 to 12:00 and from 16:00 to 18:00, from October to April the pavilion is closed. The drinking water treatment course of the Forest spring promotes the dissolution of urate stones, enhances intestinal motility, restores its mucous membrane, cleanses the intestines, eliminates inflammatory processes and normalizes microflora. With increased acidity, a warm Forest spring is prescribed, with decreased - cold.
Forest spring water is prescribed for inhalation in case of bronchitis, as it has an expectorant effect, improves the functions of the mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tract and has an anti-inflammatory effect. Salts and decoctions of herbs are also added to mineral water, depending on the doctor's prescription. Water has an effect on the respiratory system even with a classic drinking course, as the minerals contained in the Forest spring pass through the blood to the bronchi and lungs, helping to cough up sputum and reduce inflammation.
The Cross spring is the oldest and the most saline in the city - a little less than 10 g of salts are dissolved in a liter of its water, for comparison, the mineralization of Karlovy Vary water is 6-7 g/L. The Cross spring pavilion is open daily from 06:00 to 18:00. Mineral water of the Cross spring is effectively used in the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract diseases, metabolic disorders and allergic diseases associated with digestive disorders. Due to the high sulfate content, water has a strong laxative effect, so the dosage should be strictly observed. Due to the high sodium content, water is contraindicated for people with diseases of the cardiovascular system, hypertension and elderly people.
Rudolph spring water is saturated with calcium, useful for bones, and magnesium - a natural antioxidant that stimulates the elimination of free radicals, as well as necessary for the functioning of nerve cells and muscle tissues of the heart. This water as an additional therapy is prescribed for osteoporosis, and the diuretic effect makes it possible to actively use water for inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract. But this spring is contraindicated in patients with phosphate kidneys stones. The Rudolph spring pavilion is open daily from 06:30 to 17:00 (closed from October to April). The spring is also connected to the Cross colonnade, open daily from 06:00 to 18:00.
Caroline spring, rich in magnesium and sodium, is used in the treatment of patients with phosphate and oxalate kidney stones, as well as kidney stones of unknown composition. The water of this spring should be taken with caution in patients with pathology of the cardiovascular system. The Caroline spring pavilion is open around the clock from May to September, and water is also supplied to the Cross colonnade, open daily from 06:00 to 18:00.
Low-mineralized acidic glandular water has been used for a long time to treat anemia, it is prescribed in the presence of phosphate kidneys stones, with cholelithiasis, the diuretic properties of the Ambrose spring water allow it to be used in the treatment of some diseases of the urinary tract, for example, lithiasis. It is also believed that taking this water can improve an erection in men. The spring is unavailable from October to April, the rest of the time it is open around the clock.
A very salty spring that requires caution when drawing up a course of drinking treatment. Mineral water from the Ferdinand spring enhances the motility of the stomach, restores its mucous membrane, cleanses the intestines, eliminates inflammatory processes, normalizes microflora. Spa hotel "Butterfly" hosts sulfate baths based on water from the Ferdinand spring, during which sulfur is absorbed into the skin, it accumulates and is metabolized in a few days to chondroitin sulfate - the most important component for ligaments, tendons and cartilage, especially in demand for arthrosis. Water procedures are aimed at removing muscle hypertonicity, general relaxation, improving mobility in degenerative diseases, reducing pain. The spring is unavailable from October to April, the rest of the time it is open around the clock.
Rules for the mineral water intake
An individual drinking treatment course is made by a doctor, but a number of general rules and recommendations can be distinguished:
- Usually, water is taken 3 times a day before meals from a ceramic mug with a volume of 220-250 ml.
- It is recommended to drink water directly at the spring, since during prolonged contact with air some of the trace elements can evaporate, and iron, for example, from the divalent form in the air oxidizes to trivalent and ceases to be absorbed by the body, other salts can also be absorbed worse.
- Drink water in small sips, stretching the drinking of one mug for 4-5 minutes. You should take a break of 5-8 minutes between the circles if you are scheduled to take two circles consecutively.
- In most cases, doctors recommend drinking cold water, as carbon dioxide is better absorbed into the gastric mucosa, more salts are absorbed. Warm springs are recommended only when there are problems with the throat or problems with the liver, pancreas or gall bladder.
An important component of the musculoskeletal system, urological diseases, nervous system and respiratory system treatment are thermal procedures based on local peat mud: baths, wraps and local applications, rectal mud tampons can be prescribed. The therapeutic effect of mud procedures is achieved by heating the tissues in problem areas. The consequence of this is the activation of metabolic processes, blood circulation, which in turn leads to the elimination of inflammatory processes. Mud treatments also relax the muscles and muscles of the internal organs. Peat mud used in Marianske Lazne saturates tissues with microelements that stimulate the synthesis of biologically active substances in the body. Mud procedures have a lot of contraindications, for example, arterial hypertension, heart disease and advanced age. Also, mud procedures are not prescribed for children.
If mud wraps are contraindicated due to the patient’s cardiovascular diseases, procedures based on bentonite clay, which also stimulate blood circulation and regeneration of the skin and subcutaneous tissues, become an alternative to mud procedures.
In Marianske Lazne, a set of procedures is traditionally carried out related to the use of the healing properties of carbon dioxide. This is explained by the presence of a unique Mary spring, 99.7% consisting of natural gas CO2. Carbon dioxide (both natural and medical) is used in three ways:
- Dry carbon baths or gas envelopes. The procedure improves blood circulation, enhances blood flow to the brain, kidneys, heart, and lower limbs. Patients who completed the procedure noted an improvement in sexual function.
- Mary Lake. 20 meters from the Maria spring, in the spa hotel "Maria Spa", a unique procedure is carried out according to the method developed by Dr. Pavel Knara: people sit in a small pool, on the bottom of which spreads natural gas, and put on masks with oxygen. The combination of oxygen therapy and exposure to carbon dioxide contributes to the effective improvement of blood circulation, oxygen saturation of cells and slow down the aging process in them.
- Gas injections or pneumopuncture. Natural gas (about 30 ml) is injected with a thin needle into the subcutaneous space near the problem areas of the musculoskeletal system or into acupuncture points on the patient’s body. Gas instantly spreads under the skin, is absorbed, expanding the capillaries (a process called hyperemia), which violates the patency of pain impulses from the affected area to the brain. In addition to the analgesic effect, the procedure has an anti-inflammatory effect and improves blood circulation. The course of gas injections can relieve the patient from pain for up to six months.
Carbon dioxide is used to treat the musculoskeletal system (gas injections), the cardiovascular system (dry carbonic baths and classic carbonic baths), metabolic diseases (dry carbonic baths), neurological problems (gas injections), urological diseases (dry carbonic baths). Natural CO2 has the ability to stimulate the synthesis of hormones testosterone and estradiol, due to which gas procedures improve sexual function in men and weaken menopausal syndrome in women.
Additional treatment methods
Diet therapy. Diet therapy is a mandatory attribute for the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, metabolic disorders and kidney stones. Many spa hotels offer nutritionists, restaurants offer meals based on a numbered diet system, as well as individual meals for diabetics, vegetarians, guests with food allergies, lactose intolerance and other intolerances.
Electrotherapy. It is aimed at removing inflammatory processes, eliminating pain, accelerating healing processes, regenerating muscle tissue, reducing edema.
Massage, individual and group gymnastics in the gym and swimming pool. Aimed at eliminating pain, restoring muscle tone and motor functions, especially after injuries and operations.
Breathing exercises. Special breathing exercises improve blood circulation in the lungs, strengthen the respiratory muscles, increase lung ventilation. Respiratory practices, in particular, are the most effective treatment for asthma.
Oxygen inhalations (oxygen therapy). They are used for allergic reactions, edema, respiratory diseases. Oxygen therapy helps to increase the oxygen content in the blood, reduce hypoxia, activates the pulmonary alveoli.
Halotherapy and speleotherapy. Staying in a salt cave has an antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory effect on the respiratory tract, and promotes sputum production. Visiting the salt cave is recommended for allergic and chronic respiratory diseases.
Book a spa hotel in Marianske Lazne
Indications for treatment in Marianske Lazne
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Chronic pain in the neck and lower back, knee, hip and shoulder joints, fingers
- Ankylosing spondylitis - to increase motor function and eliminate pain
- Conditions after arthroplasty, joint operations, fractures and injuries
- Vertebrogenic syndrome
Kidney and urinary tract diseases
- All types of urolithiasis
- Condition after lithotripsy, at least 2 weeks later, in the absence of hydronephrosis and complications, with the permission of the urologist
- Chronic pyelonephritis
- Chronic cystitis
- Conditions after kidney transplantation
It is possible to come to spa-resort treatment even for patients on dialysis, but prior arrangement with the medical center is required.
- Chronic bronchitis
- Bronchial asthma (it is better to exclude the period from April to June)
- Chronic rhinitis
- Chronic pharyngitis
- Allergic diseases
- Conditions after operations on the respiratory system organs
- Prevention of diabetes complications
- Parkinson's disease
- Radicular syndrome
- Conditions after a course of cancer treatment, after a mastectomy, after resection of the kidney or prostate gland, permission from the oncologist is required, confirming the end of chemotherapy, radiation therapy and the absence of metastases
- Crohn's disease
- Chronic diseases of the stomach, intestines, liver, duodenum, gallbladder, pancreas
- Coronary heart disease
- Conditions after myocardial infarction
- Arterial hypertension
Contraindications for treatment in Marianske Lazne
- Contraindications for mud therapy: conditions after myocardial infarction, stroke, high blood pressure
- Acute infectious diseases
- Acute heart failure
- Uncompensated diabetes mellitus type 1 and type 2
- Heavy recurring bleeding
- Malignant tumors
- Tuberculosis in the active stage
Do you have no enough information about the treatment at the Marianske Lazne resort? Get a free consultation with a balneologist, by calling toll-free numbers or ask a question here.